Unoccupied property to insure? We can help

Unoccupied property insurance

A standard home insurance policy will not cover a property if is left empty for a prolonged period of time. It is therefore imperative that the owner of a premise left vacant for an extended period takes out an empty house insurance (unoccupied house insurance) policy.

Empty house insurance for newly purchased residential properties may be taken out if the owner is intending to move in at a later date, or if a prolonged period of absence from the premise is necessitated by work commitments abroad.

Empty property insurance policies for let premises may be necessary if there is a gap between occupancy by tenants or renovation work needs to be carried out. In all cases, empty properties are a substantial insurance risk: damage which may be incurred by natural perils such as fire or flooding is unable to be prevented or diminished by human intervention, and there is greater danger of burglary and vandalism.

Empty property insurance packages are usually available on a short or long term basis and offer owners peace of mind while their property is, for whatever reason, left unattended for a prolonged period of time.

Have you already got a quote?

Just enter your reference to recall your insurance quote.